This is a guide to setting up RCX, it was provided to Resurgence RO by Bad Poker Player.
What is RCX?
RCX is a popular 3rd party program used to enhance playability anywhere from casual PvM/PvE to hardcore WoE. Though some elitists might see it as a sort of cheat, it has become a semi-necessity on the WoE 2.0(SE) scene. It addresses some of the flaws that Gravity has overlooked, and makes PvE in general cleaner, less laggy, and easier. It is approved for use on official servers, and here on ResurgenceRO is approved for use by the admins, so take a look!
What can RCX do?
- Reduce lag/position lag by allowing you to play with effects off
- Displays a 9x9 cell box around your character which is the range limit for most skills, and the sight limit of most mobs.
- Times your buffs, and shows timers for buffs that do not have icons such as Cursed Water.
- This includes a hit counter for Safety Wall, showing how many hits left before the Safety Wall runs out, and the warp capacity of Warp Portal
- Also includes timers for skills such as Pneuma, Land Protector, Wall of Fog, etc etc...
- Displays cool downs, and a five-secon immunity timer on teleport/log-in/warp
- Times the buffs of other people you are supporting
- Allows you to see the HP/SP of multi-cliented characters who aren't in your party
- Alarm sound (optional in the version I'm uploading) to alert you when your Homunculus or pet is hungry, when you receive a deal, when there is an announcement, etc
- Allows you to change the Hallucination effect (caused by Horongs, etc)
- Constant FPS and Lag (ping) counter
- Shows the HP of mobs/MvPs you engage
- Shows the EXP of mobs/MvPs you engage
- CPU options
- Opaque: this options makes scenery that covers your character (trees, buildings, etc) semi-transparent
- Allows you to see AoE skills that have been cast off-screen
- Much more!
What it looks like:
Here you can see, with effects off, Delugs (Pink), Wall of Fog (black), Safety Wall (red), Pneuma (yellow) and their timers. Above my head are the buff timers for Energy Coat, Bless, Agility Up and Assumptio. In the far top right, you see the bars which measure your FPS and your ping (lag). The green square surrounding my character is the 9x9 range marker.
|Effects off ground skills, buff timers, 9x9 range, FPS & Ping|
This is an example of the dual client HP/SP option. As you can see, my High Priest and Scholar are not partied, but with RCX you are able to see both character's HP and SP.
|Dual Client HP/SP option.|
Here you can see the marker for AoE skills such as Storm Gust. They are displayed with a timer on the center of where the skill was casted, purple here. Also, you can see traps- a very useful thing when traps become invisible, or in Biolabs luring.
|AoE markers & Traps|
This is an example of RCX in use with monsters. Pretty dangerous monsters, I know. On the right side you can see the HP and properties for the Marin I hit and, when you kill monsters, this is where your EXP gain is displayed also. As I'm in a safety wall, you can see the (8) counting down how many hits are left on the safety wall.
|Monster HP & properties, safety wall counter.|
Here you can see the transparency (Opaque) option of RCX as I walk behind a tree. It depends on your camera zoom and angle, but as you walk behind objects which block your view, they will turn semi-transparent
How to install RCX and link it to your ResurgenceRO client:
1) Download a working RCX here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9z9fkqhhh6a33ac
2) Make a folder and unzip the files- may have to disable your Anti-virus to do this
3) Find your RCX.ini file and open it
4) Things you may need to edit in this file to sync it, all of these are at the very bottom of the file:
- Control+F "CharServers" and make sure it reads 188.8.131.52=ResurgenceRO-A
- Control+F "Dir=" and make sure the path is set to your ResurgenceRO FOLDER (not the .exe itself) For example, my Resurgence RO folder is in Dir=C:\ResurgenceRO. Yours may be in C:\Program Files\ResurgenceRO or C:\Program Files\Gravity\ResurgenceRO
- Just under the Dir= line is another line that reads C:\ResurgenceRO\ResurgenceRO-A.exe. Change this path to your own path for ResurgenceRO-A.exe
- Alternatively, if you're setting up for the Devian server, make sure to make a second copy of RCX leading to the ResurgenceRO-D and ResurgenceRO-D.exe locations
- With the new client, control+F "ROWindowClass" and change it to ResurgenceRO-A.exe as seen below (or, ResurgenceRO-D for the Devian server)
5) Save and close your RCX.ini and run the RCX application BEFORE opening your ResurgenceRO client
6) Run your ResurgenceRO client from the .exe file- if you run from the patcher, it may glitch. Make sure you remember to patch often though, in between using RCX!
Customizing your RCX:
Note Anything with a ; in front of it in your RCX.ini file will NOT effect how the program runs, these are just lines of text to organize the file
There is a LOT you can customize with RCX, from colours to sounds, positioning and display options, auto-login and account memorization-- the list goes on. I will cover the main points, it is a lot to write a guide on and to fit into one post. If you have a question on how to edit something, just ask myself, Antarang or one of the GMs for assistance. If a particular feature of RCX seems popular, I will add a guide on editing it here also. But for now, I will cover the main points:
- Changing Colours
This is perhaps the most obvious way for customizing your RCX to suit your tastes. Pink Land Protector? White Land Protector? Read below to find out how to edit your skill colours.
There's two ways of doing this. You can either
a) Open the RCX.ini file and manually fiddle around with the section marked [M2E], using HEXcodes like the ones you can find on this site: http://www.color-hex.com/
b) You can click on this link: http://frankiehf.net84.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=29 and adjust the skills you want, the way you want. It's fairly self explanatory, select the colour for the skill you want, select half/full if you would like more solid or more transparent colour blocks. Click "Send" at the bottom to generate the list. Then, copy/paste the [M2E] section to replace the [M2E] section of your own RCX.ini file.
c) You can use Bad Poker Players colours, because they are awesome.
- Setting up Alarm Sounds
You can set alarms for pet feeding, homunculus feeding, global events, deals, PM, even guild chat.
Open your RCX.ini and control+F Alarm
Now, just a note here, on the RCX I have uploaded the alarm is disabled because it does tend to get annoying after awhile. But for those people feeding homunculus in dual clients, etc, it can be a useful annoying reminder to not starve your homunculus.
Under the "Setup of Alarm" area on your RCX.ini, there will be a line that says
Change this to //enable to turn on alarms.
To edit which alarms go off and which remain silent, scroll down the list of optional alarms. They appear like this:
After the = sign, if you would like the alarm to sound, put =notify.wav
If you want to keep it silent, leave it blank
At the bottom of the alarm section, it says
Change the values of AlarmLine and AlarmLine2 to suit your homunculus feeding time, for example, having an alarm go off when it is at 12 hungry. And after HomunculusAlarm/HumunculusAlarm2= make sure you put =notify.wav
- Changing the Opacity of Objects
Open your RCX.ini and control+F Opaque. Changing the value to 0 will keep objects solid, and changing the value to 1 will make them transparent when your character is hidden behind them.
Important notes before running RCX:
Two essential things to do before running RCX for the first time, and the two most common errors that people encounter. If you are having trouble running RCX or encounter the error "Analyzation of RoAddr: Failed", makes sure to do this.
- Go to your Resurgence RO folder and create a blank text file (use notepad, extension .txt) and name it patch2. Make sure the notepad file is empty. Your RCX will not work if you do not have patch2.txt
- If you are using an antivirus, make sure to ALLOW RCX to run (add it to the safe list for AVG/Avast!, etc.) For AVG users, add RCX and RRO to your safe list -or- (if that doesn't work) turn off your antivirus while running RCX. Many anti-virus programs will detect RCX as malicious, this happens with almost every version of RCX, but I can assure you they are safe to install. If you still cannot get RCX to run after this, right click RCX and "Run as Administrator".